Cupcake Decorating Competition
This spring, Peddler’s Village presents the 6th Annual Cupcake Decorating Competition, on display from May 3-20. This sweet display will be housed in the Visitor & Event Center (Red Barn, located off Street Road and Peddler’s Lane). Admission is free.
Call for Entries
Whip up some icing art! The Cupcake Decorating Competition will include professional and amateur culinary creations in four categories: Traditional, Baker’s Choice, Student, and Kids. All members of the public are invited to participate in the competition. Deadline to register is April 26, 2023. Entries must include exactly six (6) standard size cupcakes. Cupcakes need to be displayed on a board that is no larger than 12” x 12”.
Amateur vs. Professional
- Please enter the Amateur category if you enjoy baking and decorating as a hobby and are not compensated for it.
- Please enter the Professional category if you currently sell or have ever been paid for your pastry creations. Do you have a website, blog or business cards that solicit business for your cakes/cupcakes? If the answer is yes to any of these, please enter the Professional category. Professional entries may place a company business card in their display. Professionals that enter the Amateur level will be disqualified.
Completed entries must be dropped off on Sunday, April 30, 2023, between 11:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. at the Visitor & Event Center (red barn located off Street Road).
The Cupcake Decorating Competition entries will be displayed from May 3-20 during shopping hours.
Judging will begin Monday & Tuesday, May 1 & 2. Entries will be judged on the following criteria: creativity, workmanship, degree of difficulty and overall appearance.
Ribbons will be placed on winning entries prior to the opening of the display Wednesday, May 3. The winners will be posted on the Peddler’s Village website. The winners list will not be available by phone. Prizes will be mailed to the winners the week of May 8th.
Peddler’s Village reserves the right to photograph entries for promotional and/or advertising without compensation.
All entries must be picked up Sunday, May 21, 2023, between 11 a.m. – 5 p.m. Any entries not picked up by this time will become the property of Peddler’s Village. Entries removed prior to 5:00 p.m. on May 20 without authorization will result in disqualification from future contests.
Dos & Don’ts
- The Cupcake Decorating Competition is a family-friendly show. Peddler’s Village reserves the right not to display an entry that is deemed offensive, controversial, inappropriate, religious, political, or poorly constructed and may remove entries based on guest complaints or damage.
- Entries must include exactly six (6) standard size cupcakes. The cupcakes may follow a specific theme.
- Cupcakes need to be displayed on a board that is no larger than 12” x 12”. Boards may be wrapped with decorative fabric or paper, but it will not be included in judging.
- Special backdrops, table coverings, or pictures are not permitted.
- Please securely attach a 3”x 5” card on the underside of your display base listing your name, address, email, phone number, and the category and level you have entered. Please include any details about your entry that you feel might be important to the judges (i.e. list of edible items you have used that are unusual, the name of your entry, etc.).
- More than one person may work on a single entry, but the 6 cupcakes will be judged together as one.
- Entries should be made using 100% edible decorations. Toothpicks are allowed for stability.
- Cupcakes must be edible but will not be judged on flavor and taste, therefore you are not required to bake your cupcakes. You may purchase plain cupcakes to decorate.
- If using pre-made decorations (flowers, letters, etc.), please use as accent to design only, not as majority of decoration.
- Entries with plastic figurines and other non-edible items will be disqualified. Glue gun use is prohibited.
- Designs must be appropriate for cupcake-sized treats. Decorating a sheet of fondant and placing it over all six cupcakes is not permitted.
- Peddler’s Village is not responsible for any cupcakes on display.