Call for entries!
This summer, Peddler’s Village presents the Photography Competition & Exhibit. This exhibit will be on display in the Visitor & Event Center from June 12 to July 30, 2023. The theme of the 2023 Photography Competition & Exhibit is “Pets.” Both professional and amateur photography will be showcased. All members of the public are invited to participate in the competition. Deadline to register is May 12, 2023. Admission is free. See below for competition details.
This is a juried competition and exhibit.
Images for consideration must be submitted digitally and a jury will select the images that will be accepted to participate in the Photography Competition & Exhibit. Images accepted will be entered in the competition and physically hung and displayed in our Visitor & Event Center. Therefore, if selected, your image will need to be printed, framed and hand-delivered to Peddler’s Village.
The theme for 2023: “Pets”
We are looking for images that show your pet’s personality! Whether they are posed, in action, playing, or just doing something they love, we want to see your pet’s personality shine through.
What is considered a pet?
Pets may be: a domesticated or tamed animal – such as cats, dogs, reptiles, hamsters, amphibians, horses, ponies, domesticated birds, rabbits, and farm animals (cows, chickens, roosters, pigs, sheep), etc.
Amateur vs. Professional
- Please enter the Amateur category if you are not compensated for photography or photography services.
- Please enter the Professional category if you currently sell or have ever been paid for your photos, and/or photography services. If you have a website, blog or business card, please enter the Professional category. Professionals who enter the Amateur Category will be disqualified.
Photos in the competition will be judged on composition, lighting, technique, overall presentation, originality, and the visual impact of the photo. A panel of judges will select the Best in Show Awards the week of June 12 and People’s Choice winners will be decided by a public vote. Voting takes place from June 12 to July 2, 2023.
Winners will be posted online and denoted with a ribbon on July 3, 2023. Prizes will be mailed to the winners the week of July 30, 2023. All winning photos will be published on PeddlersVillage.com and official Peddler’s Village social media channels.
Best In Show
People’s Choice Award
Winners in both the Amateur & Professional categories receive dinner for four at Cock ‘n Bull Restaurant.
People’s Choice Award winners will be decided by a public vote. Voting takes place from June 12 to July 2, 2023.
How to Enter
- Fill out the online entry form located on this page in its entirety.
- All entries must be received by midnight May 12, 2023, through our online entry form. Registration will close early if we reach maximum capacity.
- One image entry per person. Must be uploaded digitally. File name for image should include photographers name, category, and title of entirety. For example: “John Smith – Amateur – Rover’s Day Out”
- We are looking for images that show your pet’s personality! Whether they are posed, in action, playing, or just doing something they love, we want to see your pet’s personality shine through.
- Photos should only be of pets – no people included. Image can include scenery, design, objects, and other animals. Photos submitted containing people will be disqualified.
- Pets may be photographed individually or in groups, indoors or outside.
- Images submitted must have been taken by the entrant.
- The image must be the original taken by the entrant/photographer.
- Photos can be in color or black & white.
- Please see below for additional rules.
Notification of Acceptance
Entrants will be notified via email of their acceptance into the Competition & Exhibit on or about May 15, 2023.
- If you are chosen to participate, you must be able to provide a framed printed photo of the image:
- Smallest photo accepted: is 8” x 10”
- Smallest frame: 8” x 10”
- Largest frame accepted: is 16” x 20”
- Matte optional
- Can be landscape or portrait orientation.
- All physical pieces must be “hang-ready” and must have all hardware secured and fastened on the back of the frame to allow for each piece to be hung from a single wire in the center of the piece. No “claws” or hanging clips will be accepted. Works not suitable for hanging will be rejected from the physical show.
All selected physical entries must be hand delivered to Peddler’s Village between June 5 to June 9, 2023, between 10AM to 5 PM. No deliveries, mail, or courier services will be accepted. Drop off and display will be held in the Visitor & Event Center, located in the Red Barn off Street Road and Peddler’s Lane.
The Photography Competition & Exhibit entries will be displayed from June 12 to July 30 during shopping hours in the Visitor & Event Center.
Entries must be picked up between July 31 – August 6, 2023, between 10AM – 5PM. Abandoned photos will become property of Peddler’s Village.
- The image must have been taken by the entrant.
- All submissions must be family-friendly and viewable for all ages. Peddler’s Village reserves the right not to display an entry that is deemed offensive, controversial, inappropriate, religious, political, or poorly constructed and may remove entries based on guest complaints or damage.
- Participants under 18 years old must have their parent/legal guardians complete the participant’s registration on behalf of the child.
- If you do not own a pet, you may take photos of others’ pets, however you must have their owner’s consent.
- Entrant further represents that the image was not produced by the use of deceptive or surreptitious means without the knowledge or consent of the pet owner.
- No “sale” or “for adoption” or “for free” photographs may not be used to sell/adopt/rehome pets.
- DO NOT imbed any information in the image area itself, such as name, copyright, logo, etc., to keep judging anonymous.
- All photographs must accurately reflect the subject matter and the scene as it appeared. Photos that have been digitally altered beyond standard optimization (removal of dust, cropping, reasonable adjustments to exposure, color, and contrast, etc.) will be disqualified.
- The entrant represents that the image submitted has not been previously published or previously authorized for publication, except for posting on entrant’s personal electronic accounts.
- It is the photographer’s responsibility to obtain any appropriate permissions.
- All commercial rights to the images remain with the photographers with the exception that Peddler’s Village has the right to use entries in any future publicity material (print or electronic) without payment – with every reasonable effort made to credit the photographer. This includes the right to grant use of the image to third parties solely for the purpose of promoting future photo contests at Peddler’s Village.
- Peddler’s Village will choose jurors to select the images that will be accepted in the Photography Competition & Exhibit. Peddler’s Village will choose the judging panel who determines the Best in Show Awards.
- The jury and judging panel decisions are final, and no correspondence will be entered into surrounding this. Awards are non-negotiable and non-transferable.
- Peddler’s Village is not responsible for any framed photos on display.
Questions? Please contact the Peddler’s Village Festivals and Events office at email@example.com
Header photos: Pixabay | Cucu Petronela, Franz W., StockSnap, Thorsten Blank, rihaij, Rebecca Scholz, StormmillaGirl