Saturdays at 11 a.m., starting on June 10
Each Saturday at 11 a.m., join us on the Village Green for a FREE storytime session featuring a favorite children’s book! Together with the six majestic sculptures that celebrate beloved stories and characters such as fairy tales, Peter Pan, The Jungle Book, Winnie-the-Pooh, Mother Goose stories, and Alice in Wonderland, these weekly readings on the Village Green will entertain and delight young visitors. Afterwards, families can marvel at the sculptures and build their own castles in one of the Village sandboxes.
Readings will run 15-25 minutes. You are welcome to bring a blanket to sit on during the storytime. Each Storytime Saturday will be presented by one of our Village shops.
- June 10: Divine Jewelers – “The Rainbow Fish”
- June 17: JaZams – “Paper Bag Princess” by Robert Munsch
- June 24: FresCafe – “Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs” by Judi Barrett
- July 1: Lahaska Bookshop – presenting Lee Harper, illustrator of “Turkey’s Sandtastic Beach Day,” who will be hosting a reading, drawing demonstration, and book signing! Books will also be available for purchase.
- July 8: Skip’s Candy Corner – “Wally and the Sweet Mountain Candy Factory” by Meghan E Christensen
- July 15:Lahaska Bookshop – Excerpts from Peter Pan by J.M. Barrie
- July 22: JaZams – “Stuck” by Oliver Jeffers
- July 29: JaZams – “Who Wet My Pants?” by Bob Shea and Zachariah O’Hora
- August 5: Savory Spice – “Thunder Cake” by Patricia Polacco
- August 12: JaZams – “The Watermelon Seed” by Greg Pizzoli
- August 19: Sticky Situations – “Winnie-the-Pooh and the Wrong Bees” by A.A. Milne
- August 26: Nissley Vineyards – “The Golden Pears” English folktale by Adelaide Holl; “The Paper Bag Princess” by Robert N. Munsch; and “The Hungry Thing” by Jan Slepian and Ann Seidler