Gingerbread Competition and Display
December 26, 2022
A holiday tradition since 1984!
The Gingerbread Competition and Display at Peddler’s Village is a feast for the eyes with more than 100 creative and whimsical entries crafted by the public in different categories. The gingerbread entries will be on exhibit during shopping hours from November 18 through January 8, 2023 in the Visitor & Event Center. Admission is free.
Plan your visit
- Weekday and weekday evening visits are strongly encouraged. Lines and wait times can be long on weekends.
- Strollers must be left outside.
- No food or drink.
- No animals (unless a certified service animal).
- Please do not touch the items on display.
- Guests must be in line 30 minutes before closing and vacate the building at closing time.
Mon – Sat: 10AM – 9PM
Sunday: 11AM – 7PM
Christmas Eve: 10AM – 4PM
Christmas Day: Closed
New Year’s Eve: 10AM – 4PM
New Year’s Day: 12 – 6PM
Congratulations to all of our 2022 participants.
Check below for the winners in each category.
Peoples’ Choice Award
Guests have voted “An Enchanted Christmas Evening at Canopy Cathedral Treehouse” by Robbin Hunsberger (#5) as their favorite gingerbread entry. Congratulations Robbin! PRIZE: Dinner for 4 at Cock ‘n Bull Restaurant.
Entries will be judged the week of November 14, 2022. Entries will be judged on a scale of 1-5 based on:
1. Overall appearance/composition of the design
2. “Holiday Spirit” incorporated in the design
3. Originality/imagination/use of materials
4. Difficulty of design/design execution
5. “Fit” in category
Winners / Prizes
Winners will be posted on the Peddler’s Village website by November 18, 2022. Prizes will be mailed the week of January 14, 2023. The winners’ list will not be available by phone.
Click on the categories above to view the prizes.